Saturday, April 14, 2012

Softearth Scrub


   This cleaner can be used in place of the other 'soft scrub' cleaners in your home. It's super easy and cheap to make.  In my experience, this recipe is too thick for a squirt bottle (ie ketchup bottle). I recommend putting it in a plastic container with a large enough opening so you can dip out the cleaner. This makes it easier to use. I use my Softearth Scrub in the bathroom for my primary shower cleaner. I clean my shower daily while I take my shower. So it's important I use something safe and effective.


  • One 14oz box of baking soda
  • 1 Tbsp. Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds
  • Enough filtered water to make a paste- 1/8 to 1/2 cup (you may need or less depending on your climate)

  Place your baking soda, water and Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds in the container and stir. Only add water enough water to make a thick paste. It should be the consistency of thick oatmeal with no lumps.

*Always with any homemade cleaner Stir Before Each Use

To use dip your cleaning rag or re-purposed old toothbrush into the cleaner and scrub away. Rinse well. If needed you may use a mixture of:
 1 part vinegar
 2 parts water
 2 or 3 drops of essential oils
and place in a spray bottle to rinse. Vinegar will cut the suds, help clean by making the baking soda fizzy (fun!) and leave a shine.

   Dr. Bronner's products may seem expensive at first. They are really cost effective! A little goes a very long way. One bottle has lasted me for a year and still going strong =) Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds is made with pine needle oil. It is a very powerful cleaner that is mild and gentle enough for skin.



Cost Breakdown:
 .49 Baking Soda
 .40 Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds 
.89



This post was shared at Frugal Days @ Sustainable Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment