Sunday, April 22, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine Smoothie Recipe



So what is a smoothie? A healthful, delicious way to drink your veggies....

Most of my smoothies have the same base ingredients:

  • 1/2 to 1 cup spinach or kale

  • 1 carrot

  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk (or other type of milk)

  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt

  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil

  • 1 banana preferably frozen

  • 1 tsp flax seeds


To this base add the following to equal 1/2 to 1 cup:

  • mango

  • pineapple

  • kiwi


I keep all of my fruits frozen. By doing this I can save money, buy in bulk and keep fruits from spoiling. The more frozen fruit you add the thicker your smoothie will be. Sometimes mine turns out more like an ice cream. You can add more milk or eat with a spoon. Find out more about my smoothies here....

*As with all my recipes...experiment. Use what you like. Just don’t be afraid to try something new….

Enjoy!

This post was shared on Traditional Tuesdays @ Delicious Obsessions

No comments:

Post a Comment