Saturday, April 14, 2012

Homemade Cleaners

  A great way to save money is by making your own cleaning and beauty products. Household commercial cleaners contain many toxins. I have strong allergies to almost all fragrances, natural or otherwise. I do everything from sneeze to get migraine headaches. By making my own products I control the fragrances (if any) and they are safer for the environment. Something as simple as vinegar and water in a spray bottle can be an effective cleaner for your kitchen counter. Cleaning products are super simple to make and super cheap! My favorites are:


  • Disinfecting Cleaner
  • Softearth Scrub
  • Air Freshener
  • Peppermint Floor Cleaner
  • Scented Baking Soda
  • Laundry Soap
  • Bleach Alternative
  • Dust and Shine
  • Glass Cleaner
  • Lemon Dishwasher Detergent
   With the above products I can clean my entire house with just a few supplies.

   So you ask, 'Did you throw out all those nasty cleaners and start fresh?' No the frugal gal in me couldn't do it. I had/have a stockpile from my former coupon days. Instead of getting throwing out/donating them, I slowly replace cleaners as they run out. That way you aren't overwhelmed by making everything at once.

   Dollar stores are the best places I have found to get spray bottles and containers. I also re-purpose my gallon vinegar bottles with new recipes that contain vinegar. That way I can make large batches and refill smaller containers. This also allows you to buy supplies in bulk. Which also saves money.

No comments:

Post a Comment