Monday, May 21, 2012

Green Clean - How To Make Furniture Polish


credit


Have you ever wondered how to be eco friendly while cleaning your home? It's easy to go green while you clean and save money by making your own cleaners. A one time purchase of spray bottles and containers will help keep all those plastic bottles out of the trash. Not only is this environment friendly, but homemade cleaners are safer to use. Most are made from items in your kitchen. Kids can safely join in the Green Clean Team while using them.

Dust and Shine

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons Light Olive Oil

  • 1/8 cup White Distilled Vinegar *optional- it gives an extra cleaning boost, but you may leave it out and still get good results.

  • 10 to 15 drops Pure Essential Lemon Oil *optional but gives the polish a great scent

  • Filtered Water


How To Make:

In a 16 oz spray bottle pour in olive oil. Add 10 to 15 drops of essential lemon oil. Add 1/8 cup of white vinegar. Fill the rest of the bottle with filtered water. Shake well. It will separate after sitting, so shake before each use.

To Use:

I recommend spraying Dust and Shine directly on your cleaning rag and dust away. Wipe it dry immediately. It's great for weekly cleaning and dusting of the wood in your home. I also use this to dust mop my hardwood floors.

Cost break down:

This recipe costs $0.53 to make

  • Olive oil - .30

  • Essential Oil - .15

  • Vinegar - .08


Pledge for me is currently $3.99

I've used this recipe on many types of wood in my home and I've never had a problem. I do recommend you test this recipe on a small inconspicuous area first.

Check out my other DIY Homemade Cleaners for more ideas.
this post was proudly shared at 

No comments:

Post a Comment