Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm Teaming Up With Erin Chase at $5 Dollar Dinners

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Aldi Süd, Trier (Photo credit: Wikipedia)[/caption]

I am very excited to be linking up with the famous Erin Chase at $5 Dollar Dinners to bring you The Bargain Meal of the Week for Ingles sales ads. Each week I will create a meal based on the Ingles current sales ad. Planning your menus around the sales ads saves loads of money and time. I've been doing my menus this way for years. When items, such as meats, are at rock bottom prices- stock up, freeze it and save money.

I currently shop 2 different grocery stores, Aldi's and Ingles. I plan next weeks menu on this weeks sales ads. I normally shop closer to the end of the week. I stock up on enough loss leaders (items at rock bottom prices) to last a month. For example, last week Ingles had a whole boneless pork loin on sale for $2.18 per pound. I bought one that cost $18.00. *Ask your butcher to cut and pack these for you. The meat department was closed by the time we got there so we cut our own. It only took a few minutes. We ended up with 5 freezer bags that contained 6 nice sized chops each and 1 bag with odds and end pieces that I'll use for stir fry. That's enough for 7 meals. The final cost per meal is $2.71. Now thats a bargain!

If you would like to see my match ups for this weeks sales ads for Ingles and Aldi's plus my menu click this link Menu for 6/10 Ads. You can edit and add ingredients to the list and print them to take with you. Easy peasy.



For this weeks Ingles ad I recommend stocking up on Tyson Chicken Tenders at $1.98 lb. They are very versatile and thaw quickly. I use them a lot in my recipes. I will be making Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders with mine along with mac & cheese and salad.

For this weeks Aldi's ad I recommend the Hormel Boneless Pork Roast at $1.59 lb. I'll be making BBQ Pulled Pork in the crock pot. Serve this with baked beans (on sale at Aldi's for $1.19 for a large can) and slaw. The roast will have enough for leftovers for lunches and enough to freeze for a meal later on. Again I'll post the recipe I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment